Quote Originally Posted by Gnoman View Post
It's not Luck, it's Hit%, which it is literally impossible for Squall NOT to have maxed out (he has an inherent 255% hit rate with all weapons, meaning that even Blind can't cause a miss). Combined with the way FFVIII's junction system, this means that Tidus WILL be hit with the status effects of Squall's choice every single time Squall gets a turn, meaning that if Tidus fails to kill in a single attack, he's toast unless he's lucky enough to have protection against that status, costing him one of the overpowered abilities that he absolutely requires to stand a chance.
Huh, you're right, they do. I could have sworn I'd missed at least once in a while with Squall back in the day.. my memories going bad, I guess.
It's still up to debate which system to use... I feel like the fairest would be using IX's, because it's the game in the middle But claiming either needs to use the system of the other (or needs to evade or defend by the rules of the other) seems like favoring one.
But yes, the Status attacks, especially Death and Stone because they ignore Ribbon are pretty bad for Tidus.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelalex242 View Post
Well, I figure US Tidus has

Break HP limit, Auto Haste, Auto Protect, Auto Life

International Tidus has

Break HP limit, Auto Haste, Ribbon, Auto Life.

This is both with Caladbolg, which is set in stone.
Why would you want Auto-Life (assuming you mean Auto-Pheonix because Auto-Life as far as i recall doesn't exist as an ability)? I mean, I know we said no prep-time but Auto-Life is a total waste of a space Tidus really needs after we considered Squall's deadly status attacks.