Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
Well, damage-wise, yes, but the more relevant comparison is the present higher power weapons, where Braton P still falls behind. It's about on par with the likes of Supra, Tiberon, Latron Prime, Flux Rifle & co. but it doesn't hold a candle to Boltor P, Soma P, Amprex, Torid, Phage, Quanta, Boar P, etc.

Burston P is mostly a status gun - in the modern world of WF, the damage just isn't there (even worse, it's a long range primary firing a lot of shells in quick succession meaning it suffers a lot from Heavy Caliber). In that capacity, it serves reasonably well. It doesn't do an awful lot of damage and certainly, Amprex, Boar P or Glaxion generally applies status more reliably to a wider array of opponents but Burston P is accurate and long range. It's not a top weapon but it has a niche and it can do its job; Braton P is much more clearly eclipsed (though certainly a fun weapon to use as well). And of course, just because there are better options doesn't make something bad for general use; high DPS weapons aren't really needed outside long endless missions (and perhaps the Raid).
Well, Burstron P is supposed to be more of a status gun. I think it's due for a buff with the power creep in the game right now. Unfortunately, the prevailing opinion of the weapon is that "it's fine." Fine is the worst thing a gun in that position can be, since it means the devs probably won't look at it.

Amprex eats up ammo to quickly for my taste, and Boar P is fugly. I might try Glaxion, though.