Quote Originally Posted by PsyBomb View Post
I hearby grant permission to make me a deity.
... if multiple interpretations come up, I'm more than happy to be one of those gods of many aspects.

PsyBomb
Right! That's enough mucking about, time for Red Fel to take charge again!

Spoiler: Saibon, the Duke of the Veils
Show
Young among the gods, and yet welcome in their number, Saibon started his career as a mortal. Devoted to the study of the Akasha, Saibon rose quickly in prestige among his peers, particularly due to his uncanny knack to keenly discern the value in things. And not just concrete things, either; Saibon's savvy allowed him to easily evaluate esoteric concepts, such as skills and magics. In time, Saibon developed a simple numerical ranking system, which he then applied to the mysteries of Akasha.

While the Akashic gods were pleased with his incisive intellect and the zeal that he brought to his task, they were less than pleased with the reduction of their sophisticated magical system into a list of numbers and values. The Akasha were meant to be mysterious; while he brought many people to appreciate their elegance, he also threatened to destroy their mystique. Thus, Saibon's mortal life was cut short, and he was brought before the gods, to receive his reward before he could do any further damage to the Akashic mysteries.

He now exists as a patron to all those who would delve into the wonders and secrets of arcane lore, particularly those who devote themselves to the Akasha.

Dogma
Saibon's dogma can be distilled into two words: Learn more. Saibon's story ended, not because he knew too much, but because he threatened to make that knowledge available. The lesson his clergy draw from this is that while it is valuable to have a mentor, and valuable to teach others, ultimate understanding must come from personal experience. It is incumbent upon Saibon's followers to grow their minds for themselves, and any day on which a Saibonite has learned nothing is considered a blasphemous waste.

Clergy and Temples
Saibon's temples generally resemble arcane schools more than religious institutions. Walls covered in bookshelves are common, as are various rooms in which magical practitioners refine their craft. His clergy draw not only from clerics, but also from wizards and viziers, as well as the occasional guru or daevic. Many possess animated scrolls and quills, which are used by worshipers and clergy to document their discoveries. Promotion within the order is generally based upon academic achievement and research, although many discoveries are kept concealed from lower-ranking members of the faith. This is not an attempt at secrecy or censorship, but rather an encouragement for those members to seek out mysteries on their own, rather than relying on others.

Holidays
The Great Defense, despite its name, has nothing to do with combat. It is a major holiday for the followers of Saibon, who gather together at the Grand Library of Attilar, one of the grandest of Saibon's churches. During this week-long festival, devoted followers, hand-picked by the elders of the faith for their scholarship, present and defend arcane and Akashic theses before the assembled congregation. Many great and wonderful discoveries have emerged from these festivals, and many future leaders of the church have been revealed to the world in this manner. Even those who do not follow Saibon are known to attend, if only to derive some insight into the inner workings of magic and Akasha.

Saibon
The Duke of the Veils, The Akashic Scribe
Lesser Deity
Symbol: A clawed hand holding a sapphire, encircled by a blue ribbon
Alignment: Neutral Good
Portfolio: Akasha, scholarship, collaboration
Worshipers: Seekers of wisdom, those who use knowledge to support others
Cleric Alignments: Any non-Evil.
Domains: Community, Knowledge, Magic, Rune
Favored Weapon: Quarterstaff

Pantheon: Akasha
Relationships: TBD

Spoiler
Show
I know Ssalarn should probably be the archdeity of Akasha, but I feel like I have a better grasp of PsiBomb.