View Single Post

Thread: [SAGA]: The Empty Throne [IC] II

1. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: [SAGA]: The Empty Throne [IC] II

Delire chuckled and smiled brightly. Eliciting a rogue thought men shouldn't be able to smile that pretty. "Only at the one's that have more ace notches than I do."

Delire's attention instantly focused on the technical readouts Sandez pulled up on her computer as he leaned over her shoulder to get a closer look. The pilot's grin became a tad overeager like he was already imagining the furball of a dogfight in his head.

"It could be a larger action than the Battle of Endor." He sipped from the champagne glass in his hand then leaned against the computer council table so he could face Sandez.

"At the end of the Clone Wars I thought they used the hyper-tranciever beacons to broadcast a permanent shutdown code to all the combat droids the CIS had in the galaxy. I don't think anyone would be able to reactivate them if they've retrofitted the Lucrehulk for manned craft then it would take their numbers down by two thirds... maybe only three fourths if they used a smaller profile fightercrafter. There was a Lucrehulk at the Imperial Academy retrofitted that way to take TIE cadets into deep space for black space training. We could fight those numbers and win."

He sipped again and turned to Sandez's originally question, "I suppose a small team could get aboard if a few fighters were outfitted with sensor bafflers or jamming suites. But even if they got almost everyone outfitted there's still the problem of any patrolling starfighters seeing us with the naked eye, then it would be the devil's dinner. Most cloaking modern cloaking systems don't let you see where your going so those would be out. A few commandos might be able to sapcedrop if they were dropped off close enough without the ship noticing the transport, but if they noticed and raised shields then those troopers would just pancake against their deflectors. What about Ion Bombs?"
    Last edited by A'den; 2015-04-09 at 02:22 AM.