Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
Frybo also had mentions of the fact that broken gems where used to animate armor, which is related to the overarching plot/idea of Rose trying to repair and fix broken gems to save them from being monsters, which is brought up in Mirror Gem/Ocean Gem.
Definitely more the gem item utility than the gem repair thing, I think, unless there was specific reference to fixing those pieces. It's some interesting setup for the mechanics of gems though.
Quote Originally Posted by endoperez View Post
While Steven was in Greg's garage, he walked past a TV set with a bunch of VHS tapes stacked next to it. It was in the first scene where he stands up inside the garage. He also broke the picture in this episode. That's Maximum Capacity right there, so nr. 43.
Yeah, that picture thing was a serious direct continuation, as was the general setup of the messy storage area.

It also first tells us that Greg met Rose when she was his concert's only audience. Story for Steven, nr 50.
True enough, that.
And it had old-timey diving equipment in there, and if we ever get an episode about trying to locate certain someone from under the sea, that might make a reappearance.
Would be pretty neat, I gotta admit.

After Steven was chased by Amethyst and Pearl finds them, he falls down while holding on to a tube. First he's screaming, then suddenly it's all pink clouds and calm music and he goes "this isn't so bad", and then it's screaming again.

So... a direct reference to Rose's Room.
Maybe, though it's not quite as setup in that episode as I would like. For example, the gem battlefield is directly mentioned in Serious Steven, giving some indication of what went on there albeit without the expansion we'd get later, directly and indirectly. Rose's room mostly came across as just a weird thing at the time, at least to me.

I recently also looked into what the first 10 or so episodes were about. They all either introduce us to new characters, or new aspects of the world. Besides the big things, they slowly introduced the idea that there had once been more gems, that they weren't from Earth, that there was some sort of a war, space got mentioned a lot, etc.
Yeah, and I'm inclined to think the ones after that also set stuff up like crazy. Like, Arcade Mania, the episode right after the first ten, showed Garnet's third eye and implied stuff about the nature of future vision. Then Giant Woman happened, and that set up some of the best episodes of the show. I'm not even sure what the first episode is that doesn't have some weird form of progression into future episodes. I'm inclined to think Steven and the Stevens, in spite of the call backs, or it could just be the first seriously progressionless episode, Garnet's Universe.