1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Numenera - What's it for, how does it play, and general questions

I've been taking some new interest in Numenera. While I am not a fan of the background of the setting or the way it is presented in the artwork, under the hood it really seems to be almost exactly the same thing I've been aiming for with my homebrew setting for the last couple of years. If I understand it correctly, the default assumption is a huge but very lightly populated world with small settlements and plenty of ancient ruins of unknown origin, and the players are playing artifact hunters who explore those ruins to find strange and unexplainable devices that certain sages can salvage to make tools, weapons, and potions, which can help these treasure hunters in their work, or the small villages to prosper and protect themselves.
    Except for those artifacts having blinking lights and beeping, this seems to be exactly the same thing I am doing. From what I understand, the PCs are even going to be warriors, rogues, and mages, with the mages accessing some global wireless internet that was leftover from a past civilization or something. I think some people even called it a regular fantasy setting with blinking lights and beeping.

So I am thinking that if the rules are build around this premise, this might be a good game for me.
    What is the game good at, what is it bad at, and how does it play? Anyone having experience with it?
    Last edited by Yora; 2015-04-13 at 04:27 PM.
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

Spriggan's Den Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying