Quote Originally Posted by Elanorin View Post
Of course she did. Angel hadn't caused any real harm and she had counteracted the chillstabs and most of all she had apologised. That was more than most ponies got. As far as Angel was concerned the matter was closed.

"When?" Angel demanded. "I waited for you this morning, you're making me wait again? Who the hell do you think you are, Eclipse? We do this now, or I'll do it without you," Angel said with a stomped hoof.

Holding a grudge was one thing but she really thought Eclipse cared enough about Windbreak and the welfare of its ponies not to put personal feelings above the safety of the town, not to mention seeing through on a promise made.

There were spiders about alright. Perhaps not inside her but something was still making Eclipse act like a crazy pony. She was going to wait with this but... she needed to know exactly what was going on with Eclipse and it was probably better sooner rather than later.

[Rolling to open my brain: 2d6+2=5]
Charger didn't know exactly what Jade was referring to here but was totally fine with having Eclipse bail on her. She was on the clock here.

She took the opportunity of Jade's distraction to duck out and away. When she had some distance, finally, she got to perform a bit of a self check up and see what she had to work with here. She ducked into an alley so she could have some privacy and got to work.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
I was being serious, by the way. Your forelegs and wings are aching and burning horribly. Now, I'm used to trekking miles and miles through the snow with only enough heat in me to keep the lights on. I don't know what your misadventures usually entail - mostly because you'll never give anypony a straight answer - but I'm still darn curious how you cope with the pain.
Her hooves felt papery and weak, that was the first thing. She'd also heard that pegasus bones were hollow and she could swear that she felt that - how did ponies live so fragile? And this body had crap pain tolerance to go with it. Muscles were all bunched and tense. She could work with this, she supposed, but she sure didn't feel like she'd traded up.

Next thing was the look. Charger took off the stupid mask and checked out Eclipse's face in the reflection of bucket of water. Following from that she checked out the cutie mark - she'd always kind of wondered.

The pain, though - Charger almost enjoyed it. Different. She let herself feel it out for a moments, then just... turned it off. She'd notice if it changed but after establishing that it wasn't life threatening she was just able to totally disregard it as a concept. Her ability to silo pain off and ignore it was outright uncanny.

So, Eclipse. What's underneath that tablecloth you cover yourself with?