Quote Originally Posted by Neoriceisgood View Post
I'm kinda confused by the whole kickstarter situation... any place I can get a good summary on what happened? Someone stole money?
Someone wanted to make a Goblins game and spoke to Thunt about doing so. Thunt and the guy came up with some ideas and a Kickstarter was born. The kickstarter was run by the guy, not by Thunt. It was a huge success, and after it was complete there were still ways for people to pre-order the game.

After many months Thunt was unable to contact the guy he was in business with. He got suspicious and began trying to get a hold of him via various means. Nothing worked, thus leading Thunt to believe the guy had simply taken the money and disappeared (while continuing to get money from people who are trying to pre-order).

Thunt notified people as to what was going on and contacted Kickstarter. Kickstarter refused to deal with him because, despite the IP being his, he was not in any way, shape, or form involved with the Kickstarter.

Thunt should have gotten a lawyer but instead spent a lot of time and effort going back and forth with the Kickstarter staff who were unable/unwilling to help him because of the fact that he wasn't (officially) involved in the project. My opinion is that he was trying to make the situation go viral by repeatedly posting these conversations he had with them, but it didn't go anywhere.

During all of this he also decided that he was personally at fault and vowed to make the game himself and find a way to distribute it to the backers of the project that he was not officially involved with (he had linked to it and promoted it, but my opinion is that he's more of a victim than anybody else involved) all the while continuing to post updates and warnings to people - basically doing everything except for talk to a lawyer.

And now, somehow, the project page has been taken down and he is freaking out because they (Kickstarter) did something they told him they couldn't do (even though they never had any reason or rationale to help him at all since he was not involved in the project).

tl;dr - Thunt made a deal with the devil, the devil ran off after earning a bunch of money as a kickstarter project creator. Thunt has no official role in anything that's happened and rather than get a lawyer he's done nothing but make the situation harder on himself while repeatedly trying to make the situation go viral. Thunt got screwed hard, people who backed the game got screwed as well. Situation sucks.