Quote Originally Posted by daemonaetea View Post
I dunno, I think a dungeon delve Discworld style would not only be fun, but a good way to introduce people not familiar to the setting to the idea of it slowly.

Think about it from the perspective of the Dark Lord from The Last Hero. The dungeon is filled with mooks who are comically to type. The party can overhear one of them get chewed out for suggesting some smart plan when the players arrive, and instructed in what be da propah lingo for dem to use, see? And maybe even overhear some of them complaining about the benefits package.

In battle, it immediately scratches to a halt as soon as the heroes kill one of the mooks. "Oh geeze, you killed Larry! I mean, yeah, attacks to and fro, good swing of battle, yeah, but then you 'ad to go and kill Larry! I hope one of you plans to go and talk to his wife, yeah, because I'm not going to tell his wife she's dead, hey?"

When they finally reach the dungeon boss to beat him and retrieve the treasure, he reluctantly reveals that he doesn't have the treasure on hand, strictly speaking. Why, it'd be a bit silly to keep it all in a pile out here, see? Instead, he's got half of it in an account at the AM Royal Bank, and the rest invested in a number of other industries spread here and there. Which gives a natural setup to continue of looking into each of his "investments" and trying to extract the money you're now owed (him having transferred ownership of them to you, after accepting a payment from the party for drowage fees, handling fees, and the such, and accepting an IOU for the rest of the amount they now owe him). Each adventure can thus be pointed at a specific part of the setting, introducing it to them a bit at a time.
Foreseeable downside with doing that for a group that is unfamiliar with the setting: Incorporating Granny Weatherwax or the other Lancre witches to a group that are generally familiar with the murder-hobo mentality.