1. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop XXIII: I Do Not Like Green Tides and 'Hann

Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
    Incorrect, you can take multiple CAD. Regardless of chapter tactics. Bear in mind that double FoC died after 6th, with FoC's replaced by Detachments (which have FoC's), Formations, Dataslates, and "host" style Detachments.
    I meant Dual CAD, since CAD and Force org are effectively the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Closet_Skeleton View Post
    As long as you have at least 2 HQs and 5 troops. Not sure why you would though, CADs just seem better than Hive Fleet detachments and you'd be constantly confused about which of your squads had objective secured and which didn't.
    Because flyrants are incredible and easily the best thing in the Tyranid book, to the point of being the only thing really keeping them competative at the pointy end of things? While your "troops" are 15 points per slot and don't give up VP when killed and can Str8 AP3 against anything, even fliers?

5 flyrants and the required 5 spores are 1275 points. You can fit an aweful lot of stuff into the remaining points value for 'nids, like lictors, mawlocks, hive guard, hoards of gaunts, ripper swarms for DS obsec units, venomthropes for 2+ cover, a VSG to start your flyrants on the table under the bubble etc.

ION:

We played 3 games of the assassinorium game this evening and a fantastic time was had by all. The first 2 games were fairly easy, with no-one dieing and everyone ganking the sorceror, but the 3rd game we tried to race the calidus around to find the teleportarium and didn't find the control centre 'till last, activating every damn cultist and space marine, then getting royally screwed by a turn where we couldn't shoot, sprint or act more than once. I sacrificed my eversor to attract every cultist on the board to allow the other 3 to teleport to the chamber, but eventually fell to a lucky pair of 6's and couldn't FNP either of them away. My teammates were busy being reckless in the other room and got the calidus killed after only putting a single wound on the sorceror and the culexus died to overwatch, with the vindicare and his blind grenade stunning the lord long enough to deal with 1 marine and then pop the lord 2 turns from completeing the ritual.

Huge, huge fun with 5 people, though I think it would still be OK with 2-4, but it strikes me as pretty lacklustre with only a single person playing. Definately one to grab out when you're sinking beers with some mates. A++, would assassinate again.
    Last edited by Drasius; 2015-05-04 at 08:05 AM.