I've been looking through a copy of IA13: WMotLatD and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Ferrus Infernum Dreadnought.

For those unfamiliar with it it's a BS/WS5 Infernal Relic dreadnought for 35 points more than a Helbrute. It can take all the upgrades normal Helbrutes can plus a few extras like dedications to gods, a chance to become a daemon prince if blown up, daemonic possession+, or be turned into a chaos ironclad for the price of two plasma guns.

It's that last one I'm interested in. A Destroyer of Cities Dreadnought has FA13, a Flamestorm Cannon and an assault drill with built it heavy flamer. 3 attacks on the profile and it can pay for a dedication to khorne for Rage and Rampage, which combined with the flamestorm cannon could see a meq unit wiped out each turn it's around.

For just under 200 points is that worth bothering with or would it need a drop pod to have any chance of being useful?
Isnt that a lot of points for something that will swiftly die to all the melta/lance weapons people are packing to deal with knights?

Or have i missed yet another meta-shift.