1. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: [MTG] Community Set Project - Discussion, Brainstorming, Exploratory Design

Ok how about this:
    Figment (When you cast this spell each opponent puts the top three cards of their library into their graveyard)

The list of mechanics I want to use are:
    Figment
    Ephemeral (Whenever this card becomes the target of a spell of ability return it to its owners hand)
    Dream - As an additional cost to cast this spell you may reveal a *blank* card from your hand. If you do *blank*.
    Sanity - As long as you have at least three cards in your hand *blank* or for 1 shot effects If you have at least 3 cards in your hand *blank*.

In addition to these mechanics I think we should use Nightmares, Illusions and perhaps Incarnations. These could have tribal, or just be themed around mechanics (nightmares having more figment, illusions having more ephemeral). Global enchantments should be important, at least a rare and uncommon cycle, maybe even a common cycle if we find some good effects for them. The hand should be a very important zone in this block, bounce spells, hand attack and other similar effects should be common.

I'm open to suggestions of course but this is what the set looks like to me.

Oh and one more thing, T: Target creature *blank* becomes immensely powerful with ephemeral, it should probably be limited to targeting your own creatures where possible.
    Last edited by CantigThimble; 2015-05-04 at 03:22 PM.