1. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop XXIII: I Do Not Like Green Tides and 'Hann

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Im not familiar with how the Dreadclaw works. Is it the one that lets you deepstrike down and then assult out of it in the same turn?
    And if yes, how expensive would it then be to erase the single MEQ unit you would most likely be allowed to reach before the shooting started?
    It's an AV12 on all facings flyer. It doesn't let you assault when it first lands, but you can hide in it and jink to make it disproportionately hard to take down and then disembark on the turn after it landed. It does have Assault Vehicle. It's best use is probably transporting melta-chosen for an alpha strike against vehicles the same way C:SM use sternguard.

Costs three times the points of a rhino to take, but it's quite a step up from the normal chaos transport options, and unlike a loyalist drop pod it can fly around the board doing small amounts of damage to things or transporting units quickly from one place to another.

The other chaos drop pod is the Kharybdis, which costs more than a land raider and carries 25 models. It also doesn't let you assault after deepstriking. Seeing as this book also contains the Storm Eagle, which costs less points and carries nearly as many models and is better armed I'm not sure I'd ever use the Kharybdis.

EDIT: Anyway, my fundamental point about the Ferrus Infernum 'naught is that it's got basically the same statline as contemptors and decimators, but focused on being better at killing than them, though lacking their saves and the decimators healing, while being cheaper than them both by about 50-60 points when built expensively.

Based on some googling a popular load out for decimators is 2 butcher cannons and dedication to nurgle, totaling 270 points, assuming no other upgrades.
    Contemptors I'm having a harder time finding common gear for, but even a cheap set up is over 200 points.
    A Ferrus Infernum Dreadnought with MoK, flamestorm cannon and an assault drill with heavy flamer is 185 points.
    Last edited by Grim Portent; 2015-05-04 at 06:45 PM.
    Sanity is nice to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.