1. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Default Re: [MTG] Community Set Project - Discussion, Brainstorming, Exploratory Design

I really like Manifest as well, but I think we need to choose either Manifest or Kamigawa-Flipping, or we get confusion between the two types of flipping over. Personally, I like the kamigawa-flipping just because with a Dream sub/super type, it is a very obvious representation of dreams while still allowing variety between things, instead of always 2/2s. Still, if a lot of the cards were to be enchantments like Rageform, that could be cool, but I think many of them would need to say "Enchant Manifested Creature" to balance it when it flips and allow more cost-effective dream creatures. And even if that did work out, we just had a set with lots of Manifest

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    I'm not quite sold on the flavor of flipping. Does it represent real objects and creatures becoming dreams and vice versa?
    The way I was using it, the original object/creature is generally "real", and flipping it makes it a "dream". This is further represented both by becoming a new type (enchantment) and gaining the Dream super/sub type (still not decided on what Dream would be).

In my two examples earlier, they were both creature -> enchantment, but you could do the other way around or something different as well. For example:

Sophia's Presence 1WW
    Enchantment - R
    At the beginning of each turn, gain 2 life.
    When you have 10 or more life more than your starting total, transform ~.
    In the Material, she is a comfort.

Sophia, Dreamweaver Angel
    Creature - Angel Dream R
    Flying, Lifelink, Vigilance
    ~ can only be blocked by Dreams, and only takes combat damage from Dreams.
    When dreaming, she is a savior.
    3/7
    Last edited by r2d2go; 2015-05-05 at 12:25 AM.