During the early part of the conversation, Orlov was busy instructing his wright what it was to do. The wright, an ugly, misshapen creature formed from clay, took over once it understood the task. Then Orlov busied himself setting up a project of his own - a thin anklet of braided metal that stood ready for enchantment. Before he started that, though, he returned his attention to the conversation. "The easiest way to get across the border will be to seem to have legitimate business there. I propose that Esara, Ignatius, and I pretend to be delegates of our respective houses, coming to wrap up some important business before the borders are closed. The rest of you will be members of our retinues. This also lets us travel under our real names - which is good, because we likely don't have time or the tools needed to produce new identification papers. As for lying, you can leave that to me. I've come prepared. I could probably produce an official-looking document to back our story, as well."

Spoiler
Show
During the trip, Orlov is going to enchant an anklet of translocation for himself. His wright will make the wand for Ignatius and possibly something else. His quill of scribing will probably scribe a couple of scrolls, but I haven't decided what yet. He'll also forge some documents, on his blank House Sivis notarized pages, if necessary. I'm going to roll the Forgery check now, on the assumption that we try to do something with it, but the content remains to be decided. (1d20+19)[39]. This skill bonus includes a skill enhancement infusion, forger's paper, a forgery kit, and a focusing candle.