Quote Originally Posted by PlaygroundPixie View Post
So basically... You are objecting to the message, and not the delivery
Again, NO.
A smooth delivery is when you're being taught without noticing - which wasn't the case here. It felt like a wink from the Giant, so the delivery sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
Yes. I said exactly what I wrote. Pattern recognition and history suggest that you are not being entirely upfront with your reasoning, because its inconsistent with other similar occurrences that lack the particular subject that have sparked similar outcries.
What "other similar occurrences", exactly? And don't cite me bad grammar or spelling.

Its OK to dislike the inclusion of this sort of politicking at all. I am perfectly willing to admit that more often than not such attempts grate on me the wrong way as well. But if you don't like their inclusion because of the subject, say so. You aren't necessarily a bigot because you don't like people talking about this. After all, its designed in part to make you uncomfortable, so its to be expected that it comes across as, well, uncomfortable. But just say so, ok? Don't dance back and forth around the idea that you disapprove of The Giant bringing up uncomfortable subjects.
I disapprove of the Giant teaching things to my face, if he really wanna do it he'd better do it subtly. The subject doesn't matter.