View Single Post

Thread: Final Fantasy Record Keeper

1. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddenwar View Post
    It's hard, not heroic. I've tried three runs before posting in frustration. My problem might be wrong abilities, bad strategy for anima or both.
    Bad luck's part of it. Encountering Anima before the final phase is rare. It only just happened to me for the first time. For the record I haven't been able to beat Anima on Hard yet and I have three characters at ~45 and two I'm leveling at ~28. My biggest problem is I have to spend too many resources on the boss fights before Anima.

I only have thundara (2 star), honed to level 3. Protectga looks impossible to get right now. And I have no idea what people mean by retaliate. I think I'll farm some crystals and buy the right orbs from the previous event while I can.
    Retaliate is a cheap, low-level ability in the Other section, a Samurai skill usable by Cloud or Cyan. Retaliate makes physical attacks miss the user and the user counters all physical attacks. There's an exploit where you can attack someone with Retaliate, the attack misses, and they counter attack the enemy. A good strategy for bosses is to have one warrior with Retaliate, a support character with Boost, and at least two characters with Double Cut, two copies on each character if possible. If you use Double Cut on a character with Retaliate, said character will counter attack the enemy twice.

EDIT: Shadow'd. Or Edge'd. Maybe Yuffie'd.
    Last edited by DiscipleofBob; 2015-05-27 at 10:49 PM.