Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
...Maybe the Master is actually a friendly, charming, and inviting person?
What would be the fun in that?

Based mostly on Othar's tweets, I expect him to be rather like Terry Pratchett's Discworld character Havelock Vetinari. Similarities: incredibly intelligent; benevolent tyrant; not really "likeable" because he won't allow anyone to get close enough to him; prefers to operate in the shadows; generally tolerant, but ruthless towards anything that threatens his control; believes that the end justifies the means and sometimes (other) people need to make sacrifices for the greater good; very manipulative; generally plays people against each other rather than confront them directly; pragmatic; Machiavellian; has an incredible intelligence network.

The thing that would make Vetinari different than a spark is that he doesn't seem to need to create things. I get the impression that the Master does create art or things that enable it or showcase it. That's probably the biggest difference between the two that I can think of. Another is that Vetinari probably thinks that art is generally superfluous and he hates mimes, but I think the Master of Paris loves art and would support mimes as performance art.

FWIW, Bloody Stupid Johnson, the architect who designed some of the things at Vetinari's palace, seems to have been more like a spark, though. Also, there is Leonard of Quirm, who Vetinari keeps in his dungeon, but he's not really mad enough to be a spark.