1. - Top - End - #481
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! CWBG XIV: To Heir is Human - To Faith 10, Divine

Quote Originally Posted by omnitricks View Post
    Sup, from the recruitment thread I'm kind of interested in giving Novrania or Sympolemou a go. Which one would be recommended to be newb friendly (because this nerb is quite convinced whatever he takes control of will descend into anarchy due to poor politicking)
    Neither would be a bad choice strategically, I think. Both are part of powerful empires, although Sympolemou has less room to expand. It's largely a matter of taste, I think: do you prefer a cobbled-together kingdom of lost sailors with an colony in a land of giants, or a militaristic bunch of ratmen living in the land of blood and horror, convinced they're the master race and led by a madman in a metal suit?

Novrania does have the disadvantage that it's just been subjected to a surprise attack by a pirate which cost it quite a lot of its troops, but that's something you could probably get your liege(s) to help out with. The Sympol have been quiet for forty-odd years but did play an important part in the last major war when they lost a lot of troops and are still recovering from to an extent (especially as NPCs take longer to recover from wars than PCs).

I guess I'll leave Murgen and Tychris/Blade to make their pitches.

Quote Originally Posted by woolli
    darn right I feel my sovereignty feels violated!
    (just gonna go google what sovereignty means)

ah got it.
    Sovereignty is a fun one, as its very use pretty much implies at least a quasi-Westphalian system of international relations which is pretty anachronistic (but then a lot of our international relations in this game are). I have been careless with slinging around the S-word myself at times but have tried to reduce my use of it after I gave the matter some thought, but realistically the way the game works it's a perfectly valid concern.

(See also: "nation", although that's even murkier).
    Last edited by Aedilred; 2015-06-01 at 06:23 PM.
    GITP Blood Bowl Manager Cup
    Red Sabres - Season I Cup Champions, two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Anlec Razors - Two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Bad Badenhof Bats - Season VII Cup Champions
    League Wiki

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)