1. - Top - End - #171
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Curse of the Crimson Throne: Seven Days to the Grave [IC]

Meanwhile ...

... the best place to go to work with others would be the Pantheon of Many, where the other itinerant or part-time shrine priests might be. The place has many, many sick, and while expert medics, without proper tools and sterilizing agents Omega and Gamma are at a disadvantage. Still, some succor must be given and hopefully the sick do not develop too much beyond their means.

A woman of barely more than 50 years, and yet roughened for her poor life, approaches Beta while he watches the others. She is a mousy, second-hand fishmonger with jaundiced eyes. Omega and Gamma are too focused on their tasks to really pay attention to anything else; that's Beta's job.

"Sir,"
    she says with a meek and cracking voice, one that shows a life of poverty and salt air, "from one who is truly different to another, I bid you friendship. My name is Eries Yelloweyes. A contact of mine in the Korvosan Guard said someone like you and your group could help. Paxre is a friend to the poor, and through him I trust that you are as well. You are the one called Beta, right? You turned out the woman that tried to prey on those of us who live day to day, and many of my neighbors in Midland are so very thankful. I have a matter to discuss, but even in this noise I cannot bring it up here for lives are at stake if there are wagging ears. I will come by later this evening, likely after you have dined."

She turns and moves back and through the crowd. Your [Beta's] senses easily track her small frame through the throng of people begging for aid.

Fast forward .... It is too late by the time Delta's and Paxre's discussion occurs and Alpha's only study (he probably took some books into the dining room because Delta kept muttering noisily to himself) to impact here. [Continue RP on the Interactive thread, if at all.] Los Tres Amigos return, and it is time for dinner.

Anything particular to mention before dinner? or, move right to the meeting?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2015-06-04 at 12:14 AM.
    18MAY2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Towns of the Inner Sea (2013, Bauer, Bonner, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: 03-07 JUN 2024.