[The Van]

The Director just puts on that boyish grin as his driver zips the van back in the general direction of Riverside, and the bags are removed from the heads of the 'acquisitions.' The restraints stay firmly in place on the ones who got abducted, unlike Sszinyon.

Then the phone rings.

The Director just quietly answers Vyrn's call. Listening to Vyrn's question, the young man just grins, and it creeps into his voice. "Four murderhobos I'm about to make a lovely, lovely deal. Rest assured. The situation is well in hand. Valkanhayne out." Not even any actual acknowledgement of Vyrn's authority in the chain of command.

Director Valkanhayne, commander of the Union military division known only as 'Special Projects', is officially having a very good day. Positively beaming as he hangs up and pockets the phone again, he addresses the four abductees - or 'murderhobos' as he has come to call them in the last few minutes.

"Now, then. Let's get right to it, shall we? Here's the tee-ell-dee-arr. Bad guys have taken over Riverside's power plant. My boss wants them dead. Straightforward and to the point. Simple, no? The little kitty cat there gets money and a bottle of premium booze from a distant plane of existence, the vampire-werewolf-drow-I-don't-even-know-what-else-he-is gets a dozen or so willing blood donors and some money to house and feed them in his ever so lovely and classy castle, the creepy lady gets a couple dozen human hearts, in one bulk shipment, aaaand the space-elf with the ninja-clown getup gets some soulstones belonging to a couple of his people who, ah, lost their heads."

Valkanhayne grins that annoying ****ing grin as he rubs his hands together.

"So, who has questions? Because there's no time to answer them."