*slow claps for Murska

How about we all just choose to be excellent to each other?

Two easy steps.

1: Never intentionally say or do anything to provoke or insult another person.
2: Assume that everyone is following rule 1, and therefore never be insulted or provoked by anything anyone says or does as it was probably unintentional and therefore excusable.
My objective in playing any game is to have fun playing the game. I don't play tournament games at conventions for precisely the reason that I don't play games to maximize "utility of victory" - I play games to have fun. Period. When maximization of utility means the actual game becomes boring or frustrating or just plain damn annoying, then it is no longer my #1 goal.

Again. Ultimately, playing games, competitive games or otherwise, is something I do for entertainment. If that means I don't choose to hop aboard the "#1 guaranteed highest rate of success method" of playing a given game, well that's just too bad. If someone insist on the game being played that way and verbally bludgeoning people over the head who refuse to play in that fashion, sooner or later one of us is going to stop playing in games where the other kind of player plays.

But unless the narrator choosing to run the game flat out says "this is the playstyle I want to embrace", I'm not going to presume any given game must be played in that ultracompetitve style, and will continue to sign up and play my way, because whether or not you think my playstyle is effective doesn't give you the right to condemn it.

I play for fun first. Period.

ADDENDUM: Werewolf may have been based on the idea of playing with the lynch mob mentality as a game. When it goes past that point, to the point where psychological bullying and **** like that is going on *JUST TO WIN A FRIGGING GAME*, you're not playing with those ideas. You are demonstrating exactly why the mob mentality is a HORRIBLE thing. Something that shouldn't be emulated or praised or condoned. And some people (and I'm finding myself more and more among them) are finding that when you run into that, the game *stops being fun*.

At which point, they've lost whether or not they're on the winning team. Because the entire meta-level point of the game was to have fun.
*slow claps for Helgraf*

Thank you, my friend.

DBZ, you also make a good point.

*golf claps for DBZ

Regardless of anything else, this is what I want WW to go back to.