Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post
Players behave as they do because that is their strategy for fulfilling their purpose of Werewolf. What is at fault, the strategy, or the purpose, and why?
The purpose is the problem, because people go in to games with their own purpose and pay no heed to the purposes of the other players, or the purpose of the narrators in running the game to begin with.
Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
Ok I don't think you guys talking here at each other is going to be super productive. As I'm not a mod, I'm by the rules basically not allowed to tell you guys you should stop.

I will respond to some stuff EK just said as it's not related to the events specifically.
1) Having less people around who play with less hostility is actually making the problem worse. The less people around who disagree with behaviors means that the people engaging in them get less and less negative response from it and get the message that what they're doing is perfectly acceptable. Instead of people leaving, what we need is people putting some effort in to tolerate these things and stick around long enough to tell people what they don't like about what people are doing.

2) The people who are around really need to stop being afraid of confrontation and clearly say something when they think something is a problem. And I mean to that person, in public when reasonable so other people can contribute to the discussion. Complaining to the narrator about someone's behavior doesn't actually go anywhere towards fixing the behavior since that person will never know exactly what the issue is. Rather it just creates an image of "people don't like me and talk about me behind my backs, because why? No idea. I guess they're just mean/dumb."

3) How is monopoly neither fun nor a social game? I think you're playing monopoly wrong dude.

Edit: @Sapo: I wasn't talking about people's game strategies. I was talking about their behavior as people as relates to other people as human beings. The later thing is where we have a problem. It's a good thing for people not to all play the game the same. However that doesn't justify going to any and all means to win.

Edit 2: If you're looking for a solution that results in people not perceiving what you say as more negative than what you mean.... I don't have any quick fix for that. Hell, I have the same problem. Only thing you can do is try to seem less abrasive and explain time and again what's going on in your head when you say things and hope people can understand a bit. In my opinion you've improved somewhat since when we first met. That said, it's a never ending struggle for some of us and you just have to accept that.
I agree with all of this, except for the part I highlighted. We need less tolerance for it; we don't need to discuss it afterward, we need to kill it when it occurs. And I think the narrators should actively take steps to do that, as they're the only ones in the mix who don't have to worry about whether trying to change a game's tone is going to sabotage their teammates.