View Single Post

Thread: Lords of Creation: A Time Forgotten IC

1. - Top - End - #252
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: A Time Forgotten IC

Quote Originally Posted by thethird View Post
    (OoC: Karaziemia wouldn't leave the conversation as is after being directly insulted, but since we are opperating on several timelines and the post seems to imply that she did leave as he cursed her people)
    ((OoC: My fault entirely. I didn't respond quickly enough and so you went on to continue the story elsewhere. It happens. If it makes you feel better, Namiranzul would have ignored her.))

Elsewhere across the desert...

The nature goddess appeared in front some of the standing revenants, she extended her branches towards them, caressing them with her maiden bodies. The touch wasn't pleasant for the goddess symbolized life and the creatures were made to be antythetical to it. But they were still her creatures, elves were hers, specially some so longeval as to be eternal.

"Hush children. There is no reason to fret. You are loved and cared for even now. Don't worry. The clans won't forget you. I won't forget you. Now, if you want to be of service learn. You've been blessed with a hidden gift. The skies will show the path. Don't forget who you are and smile upon the odds."

She touched each and everyone of them even if her fingers darkened at the touch. When a branch was to black to continue other's would take her place, the blossoming goddes ever changing and embracing.
    The Revenants bowed with surprising grace as their mother goddess addressed them. But when she came to embrace them they recoiled when they saw how it their touch injured her. They cried out in horror to see their mother's branches turn black and lifeless. The tallest of the revenants whose eyes glowed brightest spoke to their mother in reassurance.
    "Mother, do not harm yourself so. Rest assured that the knowledge of your Love is retained. You no doubt think that the Solar Lord is a cruel master, but he has given us no commands and our souls remain our own."

Spoiler: Meeting at the Temple - Karaziemia, Illnara, Namiranzul and Yen Shi.
    Show
    Namiranzul's Temple, Raizen - Illnara, Karaziemia, Namiranzul

The elven goddess appeared from the ground sprouting like a tall tree of twisted branches. From her trunk sprung three thick branches each ending in the form of an elven maiden's torso. Her roots didn't treat the floor properly tiles erupting upwards with her presence. While none of her faces looked angered the playful contempt that they normally displayed before was now replaced with stern determination.

"I've seen what you've done to my children. Stop the curse now."
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
    Namiranzul's temple, Raelzun - Illnara, Karaziemia, Namiranzul

Illnara stepped out of her sister's roots. "The curse is unacceptable, Sun God."
    Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    Namiranzul's Temple
    Raelzun - Illnara, Karaziemia, Namiranzul

Yen'Shi felt the new unlife that crawled across the desert yet its breath did not linger in their breast. Someone was trying to steal away its children. With a flick of a hand a skeleton was cast down against the world as its body crumbled, Yen'Shi soon joining the other Gods before the temple. "I will add my voice to the Living. You overstep your bounds for the dead are mine."

The three gods found Namiranzul standing before the altar which had now been covered by and surrounded by hundreds of candles. The stained glass windows of the Temple blazed with a brilliant red and gold light from the setting Sun. The Fiery Lord had dimmed his own flames to the merest flicker so the only source of light was the flames of the altar and the reddish gold light of the setting Sun through the stained glass windows. He stood motionless as the three deities voiced their grievances.
    "Your grievance is valid Honoured Sister. The request of the Young One shall be fulfilled before my Sun sets and the Elves shall no longer know that fate. But know that I will not turn back time to a point before its manifestation. The bodies of those who have died are my Revenants and shall remain so until my Sun turns dark and I am entombed there.
    "Know however, that the souls of your children were untouched by my power and that my Revenants will never come against the Orks as long as they remain."

This said, he now addressed the Skeletal Lord.
    "Do not be foolish Brother. One cannot claim all for their own purposes. The only light that is mine is my Light and I make no claims to sovereignty over the flickers of illumination throughout Creation just as our Revered Sister makes no claim to all things green and growing merely those that are hers. The Dead are not yours, neither their souls nor their corporeal remnants for they were not yours in life. Take heart in your own dominion and do not seek to extend your grasp to where it is unheralded."

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    The curse against the Elves is lifted.
    Last edited by Elemental; 2015-06-15 at 10:28 AM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!