1. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Jurassic World: So, Apparently, It's Good

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    Spoiler: I agree with everything you said except
    Show

That the scientist knew what the I-rex was capable off, it is heavily implied that it was designed from scratch as a super-weapon for InGen. I'm not sure where I read it, but it was theorised that Hoskins orchestrated the I-rex escape in order to test the Raptors, if they managed to kill the I-Rex, then he could sell the raptors, but if they failed then he could sell the Indominus template (which we see in the scene just prior to Hoskins' death).
    Spoiler
    Show
    Y'know i'm rather unclear on how much of the escape was planned and how much the scientist knew about what I-rex is capable of. I mean, as far as i can tell I-rex escaped all on its own... though i guess hoskins might have been plotting to somehow let the thing loose anyway. And While the scientist was clearly in on their scheme to use dinosaurs as weapons, i'm not sure if he factored in EVERYTHING it would be capable of. It was a bit unclear how much they knew... Though if the scientist did know, then the idiot ball is on him, and no one else since he clearly did NOT tell anyone else what the thing was capable of (granted if escape was intended, then all the more reason why he would make sure the cage wasn't secure enough by denying them info)

Though mentioning it now, i DID think the whole idea to use dinosaurs for the military was really stupid and the movie could have done well enough without it; a dinosaur escape would have been good enough for a movie. Really, dinosaur's may be deadly, but the military wants something that is both deadly AND reliable. Really stupid plan.
    Last edited by slayerx; 2015-06-16 at 06:50 PM.