Euphonic Cadence 4 : Spartak's Blud Bowl Klub 1

Nuffle took an instant dislike to me from turn 1, from my troll failing a 2+ Really Stupid roll, to the riot that gave me a turn less to beat up his players (not that it mattered as in standard form for this season, the orcs suffered the only injuries of the match), to the goblin bombardier star player mis-throwing his bomb, injuring himself and stunning a Black Orc while he was at it,

After that it was simple elfbowl, from one dice blocks going Thufir's way, to my two dice blocks failing to achieve anything, and a thrown rock adding to the orc misery.

Only two pieces of luck went the orcs' way - a KO'd elf went off and stayed off the whole game and a pitch invasion that knocked over only elves (although it was rather pointless on turn 14 and 4:1 down). However a chance to score another orc touchdown went pearshaped as I discovered Throw Teammate counts as a throw, so the troll and gobbo with the ball sat in the middle of a bunch of stunned elves looking rather sheepish until the elves stood up next turn and only a lucky ball scatter to a stood up elf stopped the scoreline being 5:1.

I'm finding elves to be incredibly frustrating to play against. I've read all the guides I can find, but I need (and want) to practice more - is the only option to play hotseat against myself?