View Single Post

Thread: [Pathfinder] Dreamscarred Press FAQ

1. - Top - End - #114
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: [Pathfinder] Dreamscarred Press FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Suichimo View Post
    That is really wonky... So it's basically an opposed check that automatically fails on a 20. Why didn't you just use the Wall of Blades text instead? It doesn't work against Nat 20's because it is replacing your AC with your Attack Roll. This says nothing about failing against Nat 20's, just that if you beat the attack roll you automatically negate the attack.
    Because there's nothing specific to Intimidating Force that makes it work differently than other counters. It's the general rule for how all counters work, as detailed in the Systems and Use chapter of Path of War, including a sidebar that specifically calls out how they interact with Natural 20s.

Quote Originally Posted by Suichimo View Post
    I know, I was just mentioning that you can, infact, know maneuvers with requirements that are basically meeting themselves, since you can swap lower level maneuvers for higher level ones and still meet all the known maneuver requirements.
    Except that those are a very different set of circumstances from the ones the question I answered was asking about, and by conflating the two you confuse the issue instead of clarifying it. It wasn't a question about swapping maneuvers, it was a question about taking maneuvers for the first time at a high enough IL that you had to concern yourself with prerequisites and their restrictions on maneuver choice.