View Single Post

Thread: [Legend] Is Legend... Dead?

1. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: [Legend] Is Legend... Dead?

To quote a post from the ruleofcool forum roughly 2 months ago:

Quote Originally Posted by afroakuma
    For those of you still holding out hope, let me lay down a bit of information for you. I may put this up in a new topic later.

There are two things you need to know:

• Legend is not dead
    Of the few dev team members who are still operational, VertigoCharades continues to lead a determined effort to completely nail down the core rules and keep Legend on life support. Dedicated fans still play the game and hope to keep it alive and kicking.

• Legend is dead
    The collapse of the dev team due to a huge flood of Real Life, coupled with the greatly diminished influx of fan activity and the difficulty in marketing the game due to the nonexistent Monster Guide and fluff-null core book (not to mention a stack of promises by the former head of Legend), have basically brought development and support of Legend to a standstill. Sadly, everything that I warned the former head about has basically come to pass, and while the core rules might eventually be (re-)completed, I can't say reasonably that any other Legend product will be forthcoming.

That said, what I'd like to organize this summer is a cleanup and release of planned Monster Guide material; essentially taking what should already be available to our fans and moving it out there. I can't make guarantees, since that would involve speaking for other people, but we're still here and the IRC channel is still active.
    For what it's worth, I'd love to run or join a Legend campaign, if anyone wants to play one. I'd prefer to use Roll20, but I could be convinced to use basically any VTT or even Play By Post, at this point.
    Last edited by Mcdt2; 2015-06-25 at 05:50 PM.
    When in doubt, homebrew.
    If that doesn't work, use more homebrew.

Need more homebrew? Check out my Extended Homebrewer's Signature!