1. - Top - End - #206
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Thumbs up Re: Blood Bowl ITP III: Where You Either Win or Blame Nuffle... Sometimes Both

I am under the impression that Cyanide intend to make several changes to their games' teams. cKnoor_ was discussing it in one of his streams a week or two ago, that Human Catchers will have a slightly different statline - I think he said +1MA, but I won't swear to it - and appropriately adjusted cost to match.

I'm not inherently against the idea of such changes, otherwise we wouldn't be getting the Bretonnian team and would never have had the Khorne Daemons, and so on. The LRB and video game have always had differences, as things do in mixed media, and I for one am hoping that this reflects Cyanides' experiences with balance issues and bugfixing in BB1 and are attempting to correct them in BB2, rather than just tinkering for the sake of doing so.
    For example, Games Workshop have never that great at collecting team/tournament data with which to adjust their rulebooks by, and I imagine that the LRB guys struggle to do so for a 'defunct' game. Blood Bowl Cyanide, however, has got over 2million matches on record to compare, and see what works well and what doesn't - if anyone can make a pattern out of their results, Cyanide hopefully can.

Having said that, I can remember a time when the 'official' Snotling team allowing you to take Trolls instead of Ogres as their Big Guys - maybe this is intended to be a 'classic' Goblin team setup?
    Last edited by Wraith; 2015-06-30 at 03:20 PM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation