Quote Originally Posted by Absol197 View Post
Thanks ~ Like I said, it's simultaneously scary and exciting and nerve-wracking, with an added dose of feeling like it's soemthing that's still not even going to happen. I mean, I never realized how long 40 days is! That's like forever!

I'll try and be online as much as possible tomorrow (it's a holiday here), so get in touch!

Also, many many *hugs* with the social problems. That sounds awful! But your classes sound nice! What are you studying?

~Phee~
Yeah, 40 days are a long time if you're waiting for somthing. *hugs*
I won't be online much over the weekend, I'm going to a medieval fair with a friend, but I'll try to get in touch if I see you~
The awkwardness sucks, but I'm getting better. I told the guy I ran away from later that I'm just very socially inept and I have nothing against him, and he seemed to understand. And yesterday I managed to talk to him a bit again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
Hey Playground... I haven't been back in ages (AGAIN) but I've been thinking really fondly of this space lately because (I've said this before) as a teenager raised in a smalltown in a super religious socially conservative environment, when I got to the Playground I'd really had no exposure to queer ideas at all. At 16-17 even though I was really resistant to it GitP really opened my mind to the idea that you could be a good person and also be queer and that it wasn't weird or bad or crazy. I had some idea that I might be one of Those People and even though I continued being freaked out and in denial about it right up to the time I met the Girl, having been around here and absorbing ideas and knowledge for a few years made a huge difference. And in case I haven't said it enough freaking times, we've been together five years and now we're getting married next year!!

So anyway a week after the Supreme Court decision (oh man were we crying when we turned on the radio last Friday) I am feeling super sentimental and like coming full circle back to this place, having lurked but never ever posted in this thread, and saying thanks, Playground, for teaching me about things like spectrums and acronyms. And thank goodness for a happy ending (well not ending) for me, partly because of all you guys.

BIG SENTIMENTAL HUGS

That's all.
Welcome back, and congrats!
Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
So I've had my dose of hormones doubled! *boogies*
That's great.

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
Does anyone here still read Rain?

Spoiler: Rain spoilers (last comic)
Show
If Kellen did this, then just, this is abuse of the highest grade and makes heer completely irredeemable in my eyes, it's essentially assault.
Spoiler: Rain spoilers
Show
Yeah, that was really, really bad. The last two updates were painful to read (I've used having broken wings as a metaphor for abuse before, so Rain getting her wings cut of hit a bit too close to home). Kellen would have to do something truly extraordinary to make this right again.

Quote Originally Posted by Miraqariftsky View Post
Yeah, Rain fan here as well. Rainiac? Rainbeau?

Spoiler
Show

Agreed. Tragic. Painful.

Kellen. TCH. Glad, though, that Rain DOES have Emily with her.

Been there. Roughly every six months. Harakiri by barbershop.

Today. Fairly warned. Family friction, trans issues, depression issues. Apologies for rushed arrangement. Thank you for listening.
Spoiler
Show
Had another spot of conflict with the mother today. Unlike most times, I fired the first shots today. Or so it seems? Couple of the local channels were putting out a pro-LGBT rights documentary/news-stuff. Maaaaaaaaaan, you shoulda seen her face, all scrunched up with raaaaaaaaaage and the way she mashed the remote control was like a Puritan Inquisitor mashing a flamer's trigger or the Exterminatus button, HAHAHAHA! So I laughed. Laughed like all friggen hell. Laughed until I was hoarse. Laughed while pointing at her. Well, of course, that'd be taken as insult and offense, so she fired back in earnest... bla-bla-bla-bla. More of the old "RESPECT ME! GET A JOB, DON'T BE LAZY. I DON'T WANT TO DIE AND HAVE MY LAST THOUGHT BE OF A SON WHO PAINTS HIMSELF UP AND DRESSES HOW HE'S NOT SUPPOSED TO AND HASN'T CONTRIBUTED TO SOCIETY. GENETIC MY FOOT, DON'T GIVE ME THAT. ARE YOU SAYING IT'S MY FAULT? IT'S GOING TO BE YOUR FAULT IF SOCIETY BULLIES AND DENIGRATES YOU, I DON'T WANT THAT. DO YOU WANT TO END UP MURDERED LIKE THAT... THAT JENNIFER LAUDE TRANSGENDER? WHAT ABOUT HIV, HUH? THAT'S WHAT YOU'LL GET IF YOU KEEP GOING DOWN THIS WORTHLESS PATH THAT YOU ARE CHOOSING." There was to and fro, eventually ending with me walking out to have a long quiet cry in the garden while she steamed in the kitchen. The chickens and the dogs were... affectionate. The mosquitoes too, ha-ha-ha.

Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha.
*offers hugs* I hope you can get away from her soon.