Professor Ranborg Nimblesong, the Master of Reality

Ranborg looks around at the layout of the trading post, analyzing it for strategic value.
Hm. So, going on existing patterns, we will have, at most, two men outside, and two men inside, plus the "man with a big bow". With the three of you, that gives them the probable advantage of numbers, and only Ser Gulbrand seems to have any significant amount of combat experience. My personal recommendation, therefore, would be to attempt to construct and ambush scenario, in which we can accomplish several primary goals at once. First, we want to cut the men outside off from their comrades within, while preventing them from fleeing to retrieve additional forces. Second, we will want to close with this archer so as to neutralize his primary advantage.
He examines his companions.
Mr Donner, Ms Lebeda, I suggest that the two of you pose as simple travelers. If those spirits can be convinced to stay hidden, the guise is likely to work well enough. Meanwhile, Ser Gulbrand can conceal himself within that wagon. A signal can be given when the archer is within range of him, and he can reveal himself, springing the trap.
He glances up at the gates.
Mr. Oleg, how quickly can you close those gates? And how much effort is involved in the process? I suspect my position would best be atop the walls, far from harm where I can direct events as they proceed. However, if operating the gates requires any great feat of strength, I fear that I will be unable to complete that task, owing to my notable lack of physique.

Spoiler: OoC
Show
Knowledge (Engineering) to analyze the trading post: (1d20+9)[19]