View Single Post

Thread: Underdark

1. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Underdark

Quote Originally Posted by Crake View Post
    That said, I have had entire sessions with my players where they were in a city and did nothing but interact with NPCs for the entire session. No xp gained, no loot found, pure and simple character building roleplay. So yes, maybe some people do actually enjoy sitting at the tavern talking to the locals about turnips.
    I have also DMed many sessions that were nothing but roleplaying scenarios. The thing is, it was moving the story along. Talking about turnips is not moving the story along unless it is actually part of the plot. If you still don't have a problem with the group spending an entire session talking about turnips, which has nothing to do with any plotline, and you guys enjoy it, that's great.

I just don't think it makes much sense to claim that turnip-talk is an acceptable way to spend a gaming session, but adventuring in the Underdark is a waste of a groups time.
    Last edited by Oryan77; 2015-07-06 at 12:53 AM.
    Visit my Downloads section for my D&D 3.5 resources (DM screen, PC & NPC sheets, Reference sheets, etc, etc)

I will buy your unwanted D&D minis collection (DDM & PF Battles only). Email me your asking price!