1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice XXVI. Status: It's Complicated

Quote Originally Posted by lio45 View Post
    So your "up to 500 miles" radius includes at least a couple of the following metro areas: Chicago, Milwaukee, MN Twin Cities, STL, KC...

"There's only a handful of women that I'd consider date-worthy in the entire Chicago CSA" -- with that kind of attitude, no wonder you're still single :P lol

In all seriousness though, from what you said, I have the feeling you're extremely picky. It's fine, but don't complain that you're staying single forever. Why not accept to date Mrs Right Now instead?

Plus, you say you're currently "extremely frustated by your lack of dating progress". Seems to me that some dating, even if outside that maybe-a-handful-in-several-million select pool of candidates, would be nice progress, and would help alleviate the frustration. You're not committing to a lifetime with that person, only dating.
    If I was drawing from the entire pool of everyone in the area, I might see your point about being "picky."

Instead, I'm looking for someone in their mid-thirties (like I am), who is interested in gaming, and willing to deal with a long distance relationship. At some point we'd have to be in the same room, right? Of course, they actually have to have a dating site profile, or there's not really a chance I'd ever have a point of contact in the first place. Not having a bunch of young children would also be a plus, but that's becoming a more and more unreasonable expectation.

But thank you, poking fun at the situation has been extremely helpful to me.
    Last edited by ghost_warlock; 2015-07-07 at 05:55 AM.