Quote Originally Posted by Yora View Post
In Germany we had Space Patrol Orion, which aired just 9 days after the first episode of Star Trek. It only got a seven episode season, as it turned out to be hugely expensive even though it was shot in black and white, which made it pretty much impossible to export. But it was very well recieved.
It had two female officers (one of them security) on the ship and also a woman as Chief of the space navy. And I don't think Germany was any more progressive than America at the time. Probably even less.
Raumpatrouille Orion? I think I watched an rerun of that. Or at least a documentary about it. Could have been both. It's not bad, but if I recall correctly large parts of the ship and the effects were made with household tools. The funny thing is that they made this look awesome. Even compared to some modern stuff. If you have a chance to watch this do so.

I don't think I ever got to watch the Star Trek Pilot. It doesn't soud like I missed that much. All that stuff happened often enough during the series.