1. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Myrrh, Frankincense, and Steel: Kurald Galain's Guide to the Magus

All spells are up.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimator View Post
    Awesome guide! My DM allows back-porting of PF material into his 3.5 games (as do I when I run games) but I've never really explored the Magus. This guide has helped immensely.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Reader View Post
    I am not that familiars with Pathfinder PrCs, but for 3.P games:
    I'll have to check those, but I'm not sure whether I want to include a lot of 3.5 material here. Besides, as you say, a high-level build that is mostly EK and SC levels isn't really much of a Magus build.

Quote Originally Posted by Sayt View Post
    Scarab lets you automatically confirm a critical, not threaten.
    Correct. But if you want to crit something, then rolling to hit normally and automatically confirming will give you pretty much the same chance of success as automatically threatening if you hit and rolling to confirm normally.

I'll have to check out that helmet, I hadn't heard of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Andreaz View Post
    IIRC, their big problem is most don't allow weapon usage, obviating spellstrike, and the innate spellstrike of natural attacks is delayed.
    Monstrous Physique does, as well as undead anatomy. Those are great. The others don't see much combat use other than backups when your scimitar is gone.
    Thanks. Can you give an example of a good form or two? I assume that anything with multiple natural attacks and pounce is the primary goal, but perhaps there are some cool abilities out there.
    Last edited by Kurald Galain; 2015-07-17 at 05:44 AM.
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!