Quote Originally Posted by Kurald Galain View Post
Third-level spells are up.

I would like some input on the various polymorph spells. The Magus is one of the few classes that gets access to the entire line, from Beast Shape to Elemental Body to Monstrous Physique to Undead Anatomy, and I would like to hear some good forms to take. Thanks!
Its great to see my favorite class getting some love! Walters guide is great, but it was getting a little outdated, with some of the new tricks Magi can get such as Arcane Deed. You may have already seen it, but I use this guide for reference when it comes to the various polymorph spells.

I don't think elemental body lets you keep your gear (though I would like to be proved wrong), so unless you want something specific I dont generally think its worth it. Monstrous Physique is my favourite, particularly for a strength Magus, the stat ups are great, and forms like 4 armed gargoyle can seriously boost your DPR. (though In that form, I prefer to use the spare hands to THF with my main weapon, hold a metamagic rod and still spell combat rather than get a barrel of individually meh attacks usually). You can get pounce, but few Monstrous Humanoids seem to have it, and the only one I can find might get banned by some DMs due to setting constraints (Tikbalang). Beast Shape= no spellcasting which utterly sucks, so I cant see it ever being a good combat spell, but it could see some good utility use. I have used small and tiny forms for stealth/infiltration a few times to good effect, for those levels where see invisibility is a problem but true seeing is not. I have never used the undead one.... might see if i can find anything.