1. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Myrrh, Frankincense, and Steel: Kurald Galain's Guide to the Magus

Added a few more 1st level spells (glue seal, blade lash, thunderstomp, wave shield, windy escape, reduce person, silent image) and 2nd level spells (euph cloud, pyrotech, def bone, stone shield, raven's flight, river whip).

Quote Originally Posted by Katana1515 View Post
    Its great to see my favorite class getting some love! Walters guide is great, but it was getting a little outdated, with some of the new tricks Magi can get such as Arcane Deed. You may have already seen it, but I use this guide for reference when it comes to the various polymorph spells.
    Thanks, that's a useful source!

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaxenomorph View Post
    What is your opinion on the spell Shining Cord? It is a material component spell, but I think its very useful for a magus.
    As a Magus-only spell, it should clearly be on the list. +2 AC and those skill bonuses are not so great for a 3rd level spell; its main aim is to prevent an enemy from getting away from you. However, since the cord is 30', he'd still be in range of your allies. I'm having trouble imagining a situation where this is actually useful; I wouldn't generally want to spend a spell slot on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana1515 View Post
    While we are talking about fringe magus spells, I just saw this one, http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-sp...tutor-s-spirit and I wanted peoples opinions. Does this work to remove spell combat penalties?
    By my reading, spell combat is indeed "one or more actions or feats that apply penalties to attack rolls with your melee weapons", so BTS should remove its penalty.
    Last edited by Kurald Galain; 2015-07-18 at 12:16 PM.
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!