Thread: MS Paint Adventures VIII: H8ers Gonna H8

1. - Top - End - #480
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: MS Paint Adventures VIII: H8ers Gonna H8

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdr.Fallout View Post
    Also also, any bets on Nepeta totally rebuking Jasprose's advances?
    This is an example of why betting would be a bad thing. How do you score what just happened? Nepetasorite didn't actually rebuke JaspRoseSprite^2, but now as part of DavePetaSprite^2, she certainly seems to have done that. Hussie is just too likely to do something so unpredictable that the bets won't take it into account.

I was a little worried because the "DAVEPETASPRITE^2: B33 < claw claw meowther****ers!!!" looked like a trigger for someone to say "Why is everything always so wonderful!" I was pretty certain that JaspRoseSprite^2 wouldn't say it, but that left only Jake, unless Tavros woke up. Fortunately, Jake didn't say it, either. I would NOT have wanted to see that!

Quote Originally Posted by Aquillion View Post
    Unfortunately, it also seems to have happened with Homestuck, although there seems to have been some settlement that requires that AH say nothing. There was a sort-of leak on Tumblr, then it vanished. You can find it if you Google for it.
    No, I don't think it's very close to what happened with with Goblins. As far as I can tell, things were handled much more professionally.

I'm wondering if you are thinking of this from http://mspaintadventures.wikia.com/wiki/Hiveswap:
    Quote Originally Posted by MSPA Wiki
    The Odd Gentlemen issued a press release on their Tumblr on June 21st, 2014, revealing two pieces of concept art and one character model.
    That matches your description of something being on a Tumblr, but then disappearing, but it doesn't really say anything much more than "Cool! We're working on the Hiveswap game!" Also, it's not from Hussie's point of view and it's not from after things fell apart, so we can't learn anything about what happened from it.

What Hussie said himself pretty much contradicts the idea that it was like what happened with Goblins:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hussie
    Over the last several months, we've been shifting the development operation from the previous studio over to What Pumpkin. We have both agreed it will be the best move to continue production in-house, given the future game development plans for the Homestuck property (more on that further down).
    Hussie didn't sound upset with them at all. What he said further down seemed to indicate that he just changed his mind based on ideas he had, but that he didn't want to contractually commit to.
    Last edited by eschmenk; 2015-07-20 at 12:13 AM.