View Single Post

Thread: How Belkar will die...

1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: How Belkar will die...

I think the last two books will stretch out the remaining time quite a lot. As the oracle hinted to his fans, it's in-comic soon (yes, yes, an in-comic year, same thing).

I don't think Belkar will become a vampire, because I (just following the public consensus here) suspect the vampirism thing is already the key to Durkon's post-mortem return prophecy. You can't use the same twist on two highly related events, it loses its punch. In fact, I choose to believe that Belkar will truly die, stop existing as a living being on stickplane prime and not be resurrected. I don't know if we will see where he ends up, if he gets some sort of semi-redemption (the comic implies he's way more evil than what we see of his behavior, which is often pretty typical adventurer stuff with a mean streak and a twisted sense of humor, he's not just going to become good by any simple means) or anything else, but with Durkon already cheating death, Belkar seems doomed. If Belkar does "live" in some fashion, I give it a pretty good chance Durkon will actually die and be brought to his homeland for burial, like some sort of anti-twist/twistception.

That is all assuming Belkar doesn't ascend to being an actual sexy shoeless god of war of course, I'm leaving that option open for now.
    Last edited by Lvl 2 Expert; 2015-07-22 at 06:47 AM.