1. - Top - End - #298
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: afroakuma's Planar And Other Oddities Questions Thread VI

Quote Originally Posted by Malimar View Post
    Aha, I think I begin to see.

To clarify, what's the relationship of planes like Celestia and the Abyss to the Prime Material / crystal spheres? Does each crystal sphere have its own Celestia, or is there one Celestia for the entire Prime that you can get to via plane shift from any crystal sphere, or is there one Celestia that you can get to from any alternate Prime with the proper application of plane shift, or something else?

(Many apologies if this basic-level stuff has already been answered upthread; thread archaeology is harder and more confusing than asking.)
    No; yes; sort of*; technically**.

*Plane Shift isn't strong enough; you need to cross the Plane of Shadow to the Great Wheel's Prime, then find a way to the Astral, and then to Celestia. Or you can cast Plane Shift, but you still need to cross Shadow first. Some varieties of Epic magic might be able to go from one cosmology to another, but any individual spell (even an Epic one) would likely not be able to connect more than a mere two cosmologies, and they'd need to be quite similar, too; using Shadow is much easier, despite being very hard in its own right..

**There are lots of elses, but none are relevant.
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2015-07-23 at 07:27 PM.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.