Quote Originally Posted by lio45 View Post
If you want to see the glass half-full, I'm pretty sure you can realize you learned a few things that will make you a better person and/or identified a couple mistakes you made that you won't make again.

The last stage of a failing relationship usually has more downsides than upsides, so from that not-that-desirable point, the transition to being single (no one to fight with, no one to tell you they don't approve of XYZ, etc.) can be a refreshing and welcome change. Unless you thought it was going really well and didn't see it coming at all...

Spend time with your friends, do fun things, indulge in your hobbies whatever they are, it's the best way (in my own experience) to get your mind off her.
The thing is, I didn't think it was going badly. She was being a tad more distant toward the end, which I knew wasn't good, but it wasn't anywhere near "we're about to break up" levels. We never actually had a fight or an argument while we were together.

I'm trying. The problem is, a lot of the things I enjoy doing, we did together (or were planning on doing together). I've found out over the last few days just how many little things make me think of her. But yes, it is better when I can get my mind off of her.