Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
Lonesome? What does that mean, Little Bit ponders. Isn't it same as being alone? What would be wrong with that? Kittie doesn't know, but the creature is less than a year old. It came to being on its own and has no real concept of friends or family. "Friend" is just a person who a) isn't trying to eat it and b) is giving it something to eat.

Oh well. Little Bit shrugs off its confusion and climbs on Kittie's shoulder, coiling its long tail around its body. It looks intently at the books she's working with.
She felt the creature jump on her shoulder, looking. There wasn't much here. It was mostly early stuff again, this wasn't the major stash.

"Nothing that exciting, Little Bit." She showed the page. "Just less stable versions then the ones we have now. Might toast a caster's nose but that's about it. But we can still spare then that, yes?"

The room was a mess, with rotted furniture and overturned artifacts. Kittie made a point to check the other items, making sure not to miss anything that might be magical or dangerous. There were a few things - mostly trinkets. They had basic magic, but they were old enough that she didn't know if they were safe. Then she saw something actually useful. To a human it was a bracelet, and it wasn't magical, but it was pretty.

"About it for this one, but I think I you might like this. Too small for a necklace for me. Does your kind do little decorations?"