1. - Top - End - #14
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: A wizard did it! (playing with a random generator)

I like the experimental description style. Allow me to steal it.

Day 1
    I today subscribed to a service delivering monster parts for do-it-yourself fleshcrafting, run by The Mentalist, which struck me as a rather strange name for a biothurge, but we'll see what comes of that.

Day 2
    Prompt delivery, even if I suspect I got what are probably leftovers. Delivery includes:
    1 (one) jar of powdered basilisk spine
    1 (one) pouch of giant bee pollen
    1 (one) cask of powdered frost giant bone meal

Three powders, no flesh. I'll start tomorrow, this will get interesting.

Day 3
    I was tempted to cast the bone powders into a mold to try and cast a skeleton that way, but curiosity got the better of me. Instead, I carefully mixed the powders with three ounces of vis vitae and six drops of quintessence, before connecting it to a six-stack battery in a lead-glass container.

Day 4
    Seems promising. The powder has formed a small cloud, perhaps fist sized. It emits a buzzing sound and shows some response to movement and heat.

Day 5:
    It seems my vis vitae is spoiled, as the creature is clearly undead. There are now frost flowers in the tank, as the creature seems to emit a chilling aura. To prevent further growth, I have disconnected the batteries. Experimentally, I tried feeding a mouse to the dust. At first, nothing happened, but then the visibly terrified mouse inhaled some of the dust and, over the course of several minutes, was turned to stone. Interestingly, a rather nice-looking white lily then began to bloom on the stone, I assume a relic of the bee pollen used in the creation.

Bonedust Haunt
    Size/Type: Diminutive undead (Swarm, cold)
    Hit Dice: 3d12 (19 hp)
    Initiative: +2
    Speed: 5 ft. (1 square), fly 40 ft. (good)
    Armor Class: 16 (+4 size, +2 Dex), touch 14, flat-footed 12
    Base Attack/Grapple: +2/—
    Attack: Dust (1d6 cold and petrifying)
    Full Attack: Swarm (1d6 cold and petrifying)
    Space/Reach: 10 ft./0 ft.
    Special Attacks: Distraction, petrification
    Special Qualities: Blindsense 20 ft., immune to weapon damage, low-light vision, swarm traits, gaseous
    Saves: Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +3
    Abilities: Str 3, Dex 15, Con --, Int 2, Wis 14, Cha 4
    Skills: Listen +11, Spot +11
    Feats: Alertness, Lightning Reflexes
    Environment: Cold or underground
    Organization: Solitary
    Challenge Rating: 3
    Treasure: None
    Alignment: Always neutral evil
    Advancement: None

Petrification: Any target hit by the bonedust haunt's swarm attack takes one point of dexterity damage in addition to the normal cold damage. If a creature's dexterity is reduced to 0 this way, it is petrified. If the creature is still petrified 24 hours later, white lillies will begin to grow on the stone.

Distraction (Ex) Any living creature that begins its turn with a swarm in its space must succeed on a DC 11 Fortitude save or be nauseated for 1 round. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Blindsense (Ex) A bonedust haunt notices and locates creatures within 20 feet. Opponents still have total concealment against the swarm (but swarm attacks ignore concealment).
    Last edited by Eldan; 2015-08-02 at 10:52 AM.
    Resident Vancian Apologist