View Single Post

Thread: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown IV

1. - Top - End - #1226
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown IV

The lead goblin squawked in surprise as Ludo's stone struck him hard, nearly knocking him out of the saddle. Clutching his injured shoulder, he glared over his shoulder, gabbling something to the goblins riding behind. Half a dozen of them peeled off without slowing their pace, riding towards the tree whose branches were still swaying from Ludo's sudden movement. Raising their bows, they fired at random into the leaves, but they had lost the halfling among the foliage. Slowing to a walk, the wolves padded around the tree, putting their forepaws up against the trunk and sniffing for their prey.

As the goblins rode into range, Abdul's men loosed a volley, much more accurate than goblin shooting. Greenskins squealed and toppled from the saddle, wolves dropping mid-charge. The Arabyans were too few to put much of a dent in their numbers - still they came on, sending a cloud of arrows forward in return. Aisha and Adelbert were forced to duck as the crude projectiles thudded into the boards of the wagon they had chosen for shelter, an iron arrowhead punching clear through the siding in a rosette of splinters.

In the next moment, the wolf riders' charge struck, grey shapes flowing around the wagon fort like a raging torrent striking a rock. Rising as high they dared, Adelbert and Aisha began inching along to where the densest concentration of Al-Makir's soldiers were making their stand. Their creeping advance was interrupted when a wolf leapt clean out of the pack, sailing over the side of the wagon to land with a thump on all fours in front of them. Slavering jaws snapped at Aisha, while the cackling goblin in the saddle lunged at her with a jagged blade - only her quick reflexes let her dodge back in time.
    Last edited by LCP; 2015-08-05 at 03:25 PM.
    Spoiler: My Games
    Show

WFRP 2E - Tales of Perilous Adventure
    The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

Dark Heresy 1E - Wake of the Byzantium
    Episodes: I, II, III, IV, V

WFRP 2E - The Bloody Crown
    Threads: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X