Quote Originally Posted by Jonzac View Post
The biggest problem I have with torps is not the damage or the stealth...its the reload time. They reload as fast as a Battleship's main armament, which is what truly makes them too powerful in my book.
and during that 30~ sec you are a paper boat made of hopes and dreams. As long as whatever you are targeting isn't derping off all by itself, there should be a cruiser that can end you nearby. Whereas a BB generally takes a bit of work to kill.

I real engagement terms, you won't get a reload. or you will get one more before you sink. If you aren't in an actual engagement, the speed doesn't matter, because you can keep stealthing around.

honestly I like the torp mechanic... it is artillery without the sky cancer name calling.
If you can hit me with a torp, it was because I was playing poorly. As long as you aren't a destroyer and the torp doesn't get a citadel, you can generally tank 1-2 torp hits in a game. Honestly that is a very fair margin of error.

BBs are the most fun to jink torp spreads in. It is a pain, but if you can it is so worth it. guiding a wyoming through a gap in a spread makes you feel like a leaf on the wind.

I will admit the torp bombers can be a pain if you can't turn into the spread, but they are a per game resource.