Quote Originally Posted by Bellberith View Post
I think we are going to try a Savage Worlds - Rippers game this weekend.

Would you guys allow it if a player wanted to play a Werewolf or some other type of monster in the Rippers setting? With basic player stats (so not as powerful).

Or do the weaknesses not cover the bonuses they give. I am clearly new to Savage Worlds so i do not know what i should say to this and i KNOW the question will pop up. I already am going to say no to the more powerful monsters in the book, such as demons, pumpkin jack, vampires, ect. But the Werewolves don't seem terribly powerful with their bonuses alone, along with a few other creatures that i could see being okay.
I'm not familiar with Rippers, but the first edition had guidelines for building balanced races. If you have access to them I suggest running the monsters past them.

Edit: I would probably only allow 1 or 2 of them at most to do something like this if it is something that is deemed as appropriate for the setting. And i won't allow them to do any ripping of any sort, because technically they are 100% monster already. With the lethality of the setting, i think everyone should be able to get their chance should they want to at being one.

Edit 2: what do you guys think of an Edge that allows someone to use parry for firearms?
Nope. The advantage of guns is that you shouldn't be near the opponent. If you want high parry you should raise your fighting, as otherwise fighting is useless in modern or future games.