Quote Originally Posted by Regalus View Post
Thistle inched back as the lumbering giant of a mother ran towards them, out of respect he told himself, before turning around and barreling down towards Adam; only to jump and uncurl with a cheer, arms spread wide as Adam caught him. Giving a little spin to bleed off Thistle's momentum as the two cheered and shared a hug for a moment, before the sore chespin climbed up his arm and rested on his shoulder like a wet towel while his outer shell cooled.

However at Leo's comments Adam's brightened further, "Well it's like you guys taught us; it's Survival of the Fittests out there, adapt or die. So Thistle and me decided to prepare...you know, come up with a few plans on how to handle his weaknesses? Make them have to adapt to us. " he explained as he turned down his excitement a bit, actually scratching the nape of his neck bashfully of he explained what his fellow students no doubt believed was a dumb idea.

"You should see the stuff we've come up with to deal with Grass types," the newly approved young trainer added with a more earnest smile, an idea that brought a wide eager grin to Thistle's face. He'd been the one to come up wit it after all. "But really, I'm glad just glad it turned out so well against the real deal,"
Leo nodded in agreement. Preparation is the first step to success in any endeavor, but especially as a trainer, and it clearly payed off in your case. It was certainly a fun battle on my end. But now its time for your rewards.

The leader quickly retrieved a backpack from the wall and brought it over to you, opening it so you could see the clutter of objects inside. He first pulled out a slim cellular phone, which were rare in the region. This is your pokegear, an electronic solar powered phone, map, and generally useful item.

He then handed you what looked like a credit card. And this is your Trainer License, which proves your membership in the league and grants access to many locations. You'll need it pretty much anywhere you go. Right now you're a newbie trainer, or a Rank 0. Beat gyms and you'll raise in rank. Never lose this card, because its your link to our world.

He finally turned his attention to what was in most of the pack. I've also packed you five pokeballs, three potions, three full heals, and three bandages, all important for any starting trainer. There's also a TM of Seed Bomb, a powerful ranged grass move that will allow Thistle to hit pokemon outside of melee range.

Smiling happily, he also pulled about a bit of tupperware from the bottom of the bag. And this is a little snack that I made myself. It's called a Spicy Wrap, and it'll boost the damage of one of Thistle's physical moves if you need a bit of umph. You'll see that my business card is taped to the lid? It's a voucher for one meal at my restaurant, the Cosmic Cafe. Use it anytime you need a hearty meal in your stomach, but only come if you like Spicy food, because that's all we cook!

He rezips the bag and deftly hands it to you. I think I covered everything, but let me know if you ever have any questions! After you get a few badges under your belt I'd love it if you returned so we can have a real battle.