Quote Originally Posted by Blind Venetian View Post
Raymond smiled and shrugged, again very modest, "Thank you, Ma'am." Jasper scuttled back, climbing up Ray's leg to perch on his shoulder once again, apparently quite satisfied with his 'meal'. "I'm glad for the opportunity. Maybe someday soon Jasper and I will be back to try for a badge?"
Returning for the 4th or 5th badge is tradition, although some come back as soon as the 3rd. I always love it when young trainers return home. It's like a pidgey flying back to its ancestral nest during the summer. Almost as if its instinct.

Speaking of Pidgeys, three of them flew up to Lillian holding a bag and a cell phone. Ah yes, your supplies as you begin your journey. I'll give you the most important one first. She hands you the cell phone and a plastic card. This is your pokegear and your trainer license. Your pokegear is a cell phone and a map, which is vital for any beginning trainer. The card is your trainer license, your link to the world of pokemon training. Right now you're what's known as a Rank 0 trainer, a Starly who is flying for the first time. As you gain badges you will rise in rank. Never lose this card: it is essential for any of the services that trainers rely on.

In the backpack are five pokeballs for capturing pokemon, three each of full heals, potions, and bandages for healing pokemon, a Pecha berry that will cure any poison that your pokemon experience. Finally, there's a TM of Struggle Bug, a ranged bug type attack that will serve Jasper well.

I believe that's all I have for you. If you have any questions, now would be the time, but you can always return if you need assistance.