Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
Well, yes and no.

First off, at 65, you have Garnet, Yuna, Selphie, and now Aerith. Yuna and Garnet (and Aerith) offer more versatility than Selphie in terms of the availability of summons, which can have a major impact. On the other hand, Selphie's mind stat is superior to Yuna's and Garnet's. That said, with the right spells, a small difference in Mind isn't a bad thing, particularly when you consider just how much Garnet and Yuna bring to the table, particularly in the form of Summoning 5, SBs, and the stats to back them up. It's not a case of a clear winner.

Now, with respect to Tyro... Ugh. "Versatility" is overrated in his case. Yes, he can do anything, and be crap at it. His stats are horrid. I mean, if you really want a healer in heavy armor who uses Spellblade abilities, he can do that, but he'll also be horrible at healing and dealing damage. There are healers with versatility - they have Summoning, Black Magic, Support, and so on. They have the stats to back them up. There's a threshold after which point being "great" at one or two things is substantially more valuable than being "okay" at everything, which is where Tyro lives.
My Kain is still low level (24), so Tyro's good for jump and other target score things. That's not to say I've used him in a while.

Anyway, the experts are as stuck who the most useful healer is as much as I am, eh? There's a comfort, at least.