So, first thing first. Cristo, if you want to be surprised in September, stay out of this thread You'll get that postcard no matter what, so I don't know how much surprise means to you. Just a friendly warning.

With that out of the way...

I'm going to Alaska. If KLM is worth their money, I'll be in Anchorage on September 5th at 1030 PM and leaving on September 26th at 0600 AM. Which gives me approximately three weeks to see something, have fun and in generally just... live, I guess.

In general, any advice appreciated. Has anybody been there? Does anybody live there? Don't be afraid to load it on me. What's to watch out for? What to wear? What is good/nice/necessary to have with me?

I want to see Denali national park. Thinking of spending some time there. Taking a ride on Denali Star sounds like fun, then staying at Fairbanks for a couple of days, maybe even catch the northern lights. And Juneau looks lovely, but it's... all the way down there from Fairbanks. Do I have time to see both? Also, spending some time in Anchorage would probably be nice, since I hear it has quite a busy night life.

Public transportation. Good or am I better of with going rent-a-car? It would probably be quite costly over extended periods of time, but money is not really a problem. That said, I wouldn't mind saving what I can

Last but not least, if anybody is prepared to host a reasonably clean, almost sane mofo like myself, let me know. I don't take much space and I don't bite... much I'll take pretty much everything you can offer, as long as there's no torture room/snuff movie making room attached